Do the most interesting work of your career.
At CareJourney, we provide actionable analytics and patient data warehousing to improve population health. We are focused on developing a world class organization that values each and every member of our team as a critical contributor to that mission. Join us!
We are looking for a Data Engineer
- Manage all data flow by developing processes that verify, standardize, and scale data input and transformation and storage.
- Work with clients’ engineers to automate recurring ETL and reporting jobs.
- Work closely with the Data Analysts as well as with our customer-facing Dedicated Advisors to design and implement business requirements and develop processes necessary to provide visibility into the data via our data warehouse provisions and reporting infrastructure.
- Work closely with the front-end developers to ensure data that is brought in and managed is clean, accurate, available and complete.
- Identify data-related issues or inconsistencies. Produce actionable recommendations that address known problems and then implement solutions, such as developing automated quality control scripts.
- Consume 3rd party API data to enhance data integrity.
- Maintain data flows into BI tools.
- Perform additional team responsibilities as necessary, such as contributing to development of the data warehouse and curating data for the Data Science division.
- Communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to diverse stakeholders.
- You have a BS/BA degree or equivalent practical experience.
- You have enterprise-class software development experience and understand what it means to support a SaaS product.
- You take personal responsibility for the quality of your work and believe that your work is a reflection of yourself and the team.
- You develop software that lasts, and is not replaced in the next refactoring cycle.
- You know and follow accepted Software Design Patterns and are familiar with Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- You love data and dream of uncovering insights in large datasets.
- You have worked with a variety of data environments including both SQL and NoSQL and are able to describe when to use a particular approach.
- You have hands on experience with the Hadoop ecosystem including Hive and Spark.
- You meet your commitments and believe in delivering on time, and can manage expectations and priorities effectively when unexpected issues arise.
- You understand what is wrong with the following statement: “My dog has 4 legs. My dog is a mammal. Therefore, all mammals have 4 legs.”
To apply: Please email [email protected] with “Data Engineer” in the subject line.